Calling…The Crusaders!
By Roy Thomas, Frank Robbins, Frank Springer, Marie Severin
Mar 1977
The Invaders arrive back in London during a German bombing raid. They try to help out but are beaten to the punch by a new superhero team, the Crusaders, not once but three times.
The Crusaders are mostly Brits. The only Yank on the team is the Spirit of '76. Coincidentally he is the only one of the Crusaders that has appeared in a comic book that I have read. He was in Captain America Annual 6 (1982). I don't think he played a very big role in that book but it was my introduction to the character.
Four of the six Crusaders only appeared in this story which concludes in the next issue. The Spirit of '76 appears just once more in Invaders after this issue and then rarely since then. He took on the identity of Captain America while Cap was missing and presumed dead.
Based on my research it looks like Dyna-Mite comes back in a new identity in a future issue of Invaders which I don't believe I have read before.
5/1
No comments:
Post a Comment