Sunday, October 26, 2025

Detective Comics 447

Detective Comics 447
May 1975

Enter: The Creeper
by Len Wein, Ernie Chan, Dick Giordano, Julius Schwartz

Batman digs up the coffin of Ra’s Al Ghul but finds it empty. He is about to do the same for Talia’s coffin when a couple police officers show up. He tries to show them that the coffin is empty but when he does it is no longer empty. They try to arrest him. He runs.

Alfred performed some forensic work on the gun that killed Ra’s and Talia. It was handmade and there was a hair from a lion on it. Batman takes Alfred’s discoveries into account and heads to the Gotham Zoo. The Creeper, convinced that Batman is a murderer, tries to apprehend the Dark Knight. They both find themselves in danger when someone frees the zoo’s lions from their cage.

Batman and the Creeper work together to subdue the lions and capture the man who set them free. The Creeper convinces the man they’ve captured to tell them who hired him when someone shoots him in the back with an arrow, killing him. 

Thoughts

New art team but the writer remains the same for the fourth installment of this five-part story.

How did the Creeper know that Batman would be headed to the zoo? I’m not an expert on his powers and abilities. Maybe the answer lies there but possibly not. 

I’m not sure how this story is going to wrap up in the final installment. The last chapter is 50% longer than the other ones but will that be enough for the creative team to convince me that this is a worthy story? I don’t know. I wasn’t expecting this story to be great so I won’t be crestfallen if it isn’t but I hope that it isn’t a complete disappointment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment