Jan 1975
Bat-Murderer!
by Len Wein, Jim Aparo, Julius Schwartz
Commissioner Gordon recounts to one of his men of how he sent Batman on a mission that resulted in the Dark Knight murdering Talia Al-Ghul. Commissioner Gordon tried to have Batman arrested but Batman insisted he was innocent. Batman fled into the night, determined to find the evidence that would clear his name.
Thoughts
This is the first chapter of a five-part story. This installment is just 12 pages long. I am reading it in Tales of the Batman: Len Wein via Hoopla. The individual issues would probably cost me at least $15 to $25 a piece in fine condition.
This is a good start to a story which is about 66 pages in total. I like the premise and the artwork by Jim Aparo. I’ve been aware of this story for quite a while but this is my first time reading it.
Notes
There is an editor’s note explaining that Talia last appeared in Batman 257 (Aug 1974). I believe that story may be her only appearance (prior to this story) that I have not read. It was reprinted in The Greatest Batman Stories Ever Told Vol. 2 (1992). That volume reprints stories involving Penguin and/or Catwoman from the early 1940s to the late 1980s. It isn’t available on Hoopla but it can be found for reasonable prices, according to my research. That volume is the only place it has been reprinted.
Talia Al Ghul's other early appearances
- Detective Comics 411 (May 1971)
- Batman 232 (Jun 1971)
- Batman 235 (Sep 1971)
- Batman 240 (Mar 1972)
- Batman 243 (Aug 1972)
- Batman 244 (Sep 1972)

No comments:
Post a Comment