Wednesday, June 24, 2026

Tara in Thrilling Comics 71

Thrilling Comics 71
Apr 1949

Satellite of the Moon Spiders
by Gene Fawcette

9 pages

Tara, Robin, and Malo go on a mission to Mimas, one of the moons of Saturn. They take Timo, Haneesh’s timid nephew, with them. Timo screws everything up and jeopardizes the success of the mission but in the end he redeems himself by saving them all from the deadly moon spiders.

Thoughts

I love the panel on the third page which shows Tara diving after Timo to save him. Never mind that in the next panel her hair looks perfectly coiffed, as if she didn’t just dive into a body of water to rescue the boy.

This story felt as though it had potential to be better than it wound up being. It is just a little too simple for me to really like it. Much of the story was spent setting things up only to resolve them far too quickly and simply to satisfy me.

This is the last story of Tara. I hoped that the stories would get better as I worked my way through them. If they did then it was only marginally better. Tara's stories are not required reading. I don't regret giving them a try.

Read this story from Thrilling Comics at ComicBookPlus: Thrilling Comics 71

No comments:

Post a Comment