By Darwyn Cooke and Donald Westlake
Jul 2009
Parker, with some help from Handy, hunts down and kills the head of the Outfit. At least half of Book 4 is consumed by the set piece wherein Parker and Handy break into the big boss man's home and deal with him and his bodyguards.
Unfortunately the final segment of this book failed to capture my interest any more than the previous ones. I definitely feel as though I am missing something here. I wonder how the prose novel reads. It is hard for me to know if the shortcomings in the story were also there in the original work.
I'm interested in reading some of Darwyn Cooke's other books that I haven't read before, like his run on Catwoman with Ed Brubaker. I don't have much interest in reading any more of the Parker books that he drew.
4/27
GCD: https://www.comics.org/issue/782993/
No comments:
Post a Comment