b-one comics magazine Vol. 2 #4
Mar 2011
Stonebrook Tales: The Backyard Gig - Part 3
Chivo and Manuel drink beer at the party and goof off. They chase Spanky around until Chivo bumps into Matt Greenstock. Chivo and Matt almost get into a fist fight. Matt’s girlfriend breaks it up before and punches are thrown. Demi sees the whole thing and gets turned on, she seems interested in Chivo once again but nothing happens between them.
The next morning Chivo and Manuel wake up hung over in each other’s arms, clothed and still in the yard where the party took place. Spanky is also there, stripped down to his tighty whities.
The Life and Times of Bubbles Van de Camp
A fish (Bubbles Van de Camp?) in a bowl goes flying through the air. The fish looks like he’s having a good time. At this point I thought this was some supernatural fish. The bowl falls to the ground and smashes. The fish gets eaten by a group of cats.
The fish bowl was thrown by a woman who was tossing it after a guy who was running away from her. My guess is that he did something to piss her off and this was her way of getting back at of at him or least expressing her anger. The fish’s soul rises from what’s left of the corpse. It looks ugly and angry and tells the woman, ”I never liked you!” Before it ascends to heaven.
I liked this piece. Short and to the point. Well illustrated. I like how the mood shifted so quickly.
Apocalypse… Meh (part 2?)
Lillian reports for duty at the emergency room. She must be a doctor or nurse. This story is weird. It didn't make me laugh. I'm not sure what to make of it either than the fact that it doesn't speak to me the way the other two stories do.

No comments:
Post a Comment