Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Assorted Crisis Events 5

Assorted Crisis Events 5
Jul 2025

… Strange Loops
by Deniz Camp, Eric Zawadski, Jordie Bellaire, Hassan Otsmane-Elhaou

32 pages

Teenage Anna is an only child. Her parents fight a fair amount. Her father hits her mother on more than one occasion. Anna is unable to cope with her life situation. She feels as though she is stuck in a loop. She tries to explain it to others but no one believes her. She tries various things to make her life better. She unsuccessfully attempts suicide which leads to a revelation.

Thoughts

The most interesting thing about this story is the way it is told. Many of the pages are laid as a circle or a spiral. I’m not sure that I read all the panels on each page in the correct order. There is some mention of the Crisis but it doesn't seem to play much of a role in the story. All of the stories are about crises and I like this story but this makes three of the first five stories that seem to have little to nothing to do with the Crisis.

No comments:

Post a Comment