Jun 2025
Time Flies
by Deniz Camp, Eric Zawadski, Jordie Bellaire, Hassan Otsmane-Elhaou
28 pages
Mike lives. Mike dies. He experiences a lot of things but he seems to be constantly surprised by the developments in his life. He smokes a lot. He gets married, has kids, gets divorced, holds down a nondescript job, he gets cancer.
I didn’t really care for the way this book was colored. It made it hard for me to read. There were things that I really had to look at carefully in order to see all the details.
This story is similar to the first two in that it is a personal story. This is also similar to the second one in that it feels like it has little to do with the crisis. If Mike’s life was impacted in a big way by the crisis then it wasn’t clear to me in what way that was the case.
This isn’t a bad story but I had a hard time getting into the flow of it. I’m not sure what would have made it better for me. Mike’s lack of agency in his own life contributed to how I feel about this story.

No comments:
Post a Comment