Mar 2004
For I Have Sinned
by Peter Milligan, Cliff Chiang, Lee Loughridge, Clem Robbins, Karen Berger
The Human Target saves Carlo from assassins only to see him later killed by a round targeting Father Mike. Just before he died, Carlo asked Christopher to help Father Mike Collins, who does a lot of humanitarian work in Boston. Christopher feels obligated to help the priest.
The Human Target quickly learns the identity of the man targeting Father Mike. It takes a bit more digging to learn why Nat Clarke, an enforcer for a pimp, has targeted the priest. Among other things, Chance learns that Father Mike has not been entirely honest with him.
Feeling the need to do something about the situation, the Human Target dons the identity of Nat Clarke and finishes the job that Clarke left incomplete.
Thoughts
This is a good story. I’ve read it before. I had forgotten how things turned out. It wasn’t hard to see where the story was going once I got about halfway through the issue.
The visual storytelling is great. I love how Chance uses a line from the Book of Proverbs, not once but twice in this story. The first time when confronting Clarke and the second when confronting Father Mike.
Notes
I bought the original art for the first two pages of this issue several years ago, in 2010. I still have them in my collection. I am not a big collector of original art but I really like those pages, especially as they are without the lettering or coloring.

No comments:
Post a Comment