Iron Man 35
Mar 1971
Revenge!
By Gerry Conway, Don Heck, Mike Esposito
Iron Man teams up with Nick Fury. Daredevil teams up with Madame Masque. Both teams wind up fighting Spymaster and the organization known as Zodiac. The chapter ends with Iron Man, Daredevil, Nick Fury plus Madame Masque and Kevin O’Brien captives of Zodiac. The story continues in Daredevil 73 and then bounces back to Iron Man 36.
Madame Masque gets involved after she hears about Jasper Sitwell’s condition. He was critically injured in a battle with Spymaster in Iron Man 34. He refused to be taken hostage by Spysmasher and so the villain shot him.
Matt Murdock enters the picture because he’s assistant to the District Attorney. Daredevil is attacked by Spymaster and Zodiac soon after he encounters Madame Masque.
This issue felt very rushed and muddled. There was too much going on. Not a fun read which is a shame because I really like the cover.
I was hoping there would be more information about Madame Masque and her relationships with Jasper Sitwell and Tony Stark. I skimmed the rest of the story (Daredevil 73, Iron Man 36). Unfortunately there isn't much in those issues that I was looking for. After all the fighting is over and done with she tries talking to Iron Man. She tells him that she still cares for Tony but that Jasper is the man she loves. She still doesn't know that Tony is Iron Man. He doesn't take it well. This is her last appearance in comics for about 6 years.

No comments:
Post a Comment