New Teen Titans (1980) 17
Mar 1982
The Possessing of Francis Kane!
By Marv Wolfman, George Perez, Romeo Tanghal
Wally tries to help Francis Kane (a childhood friend) who seems to be possessed by a supernatural force. He ends up calling in the other Titans (minus Starfire who is still grieving over the death of Franklin in the previous issue). The source of the possession is never revealed, to the Titans. Cyborg solves the problem with a device he gets from STAR Labs that breaks the link with the force that is intermittently possessing Francis.
In the second epilogue the source of the possession is revealed to be Dr. Polaris. He was stranded by Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) in another dimension which must have happened in Green Lantern (1960) 133-135 which was also written by Marv Wolfman.
This issue is a great showcase for what George Perez and Romeo Tanghal can do with a story. I love the art and the way the story is broken down and told visually. When I stop to examine the story without the art I’m not as crazy about it.

No comments:
Post a Comment