Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Iron Man (1968) 100

Iron Man (1968) 100
Jul 1977

Ten Rings to the World!
by Bill Mantlo, George Tuska, and Mike Esposito

Iron Man battles the Mandarin in Red China. The fight takes up the bulk of the issue. A couple pages are spent explaining who the Mandarin is and how he came back from the dead.

In addition to the big fight there is a brief glimpse of Krissy Longfellow and Jasper Sitwell who are at Stark Industries Long Island plant when O’Brien arrives back in the United States. There is also a glimpse of a press conference in Washington DC where one of US Senator Hawk’s assistants (who is secretly working for the Mandarin) unsuccessfully attempts to discredit Tony Stark.

This is the culmination of a story that began in Iron Man 95 when Bill Mantlo took over writing the book. I read Iron Man 95-99 a couple years ago, before I started keeping this blog. I recall enjoying those issues but I’m not going to go back and reread those issues today. I might skim them and make some notes about what Krissy Longfellow was up to for reasons that might be clearer once I get a few more issues into Bill Mantlo’s run on Iron Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment