Monday, July 27, 2026

Queen & Country: Declassified (2002) 3

Queen & Country: Declassified (2002) 3
Jan 2003

Operation: Landslide (Part 3)
by Greg Rucka, Brian Hurtt, John Dranski

The surprise guest turns out to be the KGB. Wallace and Karpin are about to get arrested when Don Weldon shows up, mows down a couple of KGB agents with his car, and escapes with Wallace and Crocker. Weldon has to drop them off somewhere else in Prague, along the river, and return the car which is in Barclay’s name.

The KGB questions Barclay and Weldon, the latter of whom buys Wallace and Karpin some time by lying. Wallace and Karpin make it to the Austrian border. Wallace makes it home safely but Karpin is shot and killed while trying to crawl through the fence.

Thoughts

My memory was faulty. I thought that I recalled that Karpin made it out alive. 

Good read. I love some of the twists and turns in this tale. It is much more le Carré than it is Ian Fleming. The visual storytelling is quite good.

07/27/26 - 07:30

No comments:

Post a Comment